We are currently hiring for Tour Guide / First Mate Positions!
What will be your daily pursuit?:
Sailing on the rivers and lakes in Muskoka. Provide animated, interactive, and personalized interpretations of the local history, and wildlife, related to Muskoka Lakes. Exceed our guests‘ expectations.
The starting salary for this position is $20-$30/h
What perks can you expect?:
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team
- Work on the water in a magical, unforgettable, and inspiring location
- Free access to boat tours for staff and family
- Access to subsidized mental health and wellness resources
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Paid on-the-job training
- Super Fun
What will you do in this job?:
Tour Guides / First Mates demonstrate a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to ensure that a high level of customer service is given to each guest
- Provide an interpretive tour experience in accordance with our programming standards to ensure all visitors to Muskoka have an enjoyable and valuable experience
- Assist guests with any needs while on tour including assistance on/off the boat, photograph taking, answering questions, and providing interpretive points as per our programming requirements
- Interact closely with our fleet maintenance team as to mechanical issues and effective operation of the tour boats
What skills and experience do you need for this job?:
- Passionate and energetic hospitality-driven individual who enjoys engaging with guests on an ongoing basis
- Strong desire to create long-lasting positive memories for guests
- Relaxed, flexible, and able to handle a few curve balls
- Committed to Safety First and the highest quality of cleaning standards
- Work ethic and commitment to the team and guest experience
- Internally motivated with a consistently high level of energy
- Enjoy working in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods in both an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Must meet the organization's grooming and appearance standards
- High attention to detail and good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage your time
- Public speaking skills
- To be certified by Transport Canada you must be 18 years of age and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Mechanically inclined
- Marine First Aid required (course will be scheduled during training)
- All employees must consent to a criminal record check
What will your work environment be like?:
This fun summer job starts in April and runs until September 1, 2024!
- Sunny. You will get to enjoy the beauty of being on the water every day.
- Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations. You’ll see amazing scenery. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes, and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways, and smog.
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Elevate Your Resume:
A position as a First Mate Tour Guide at Muskoka Cruises will be a prestigious addition to your resume. It will showcase your leadership experience and team-building skills to prospective employers. You will receive certification from Transport Canada.
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue, or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and the company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Muskoka Cruises will make any reasonable accommodations to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Muskoka, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Muskoka Cruises is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Muskoka Cruises values diverse backgrounds and experience and we welcome all who are eligible to work in Canada to apply! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-646-2628